Miami, Fl. (Florida News Network)-At 500 PM, the center of Tropical Storm Cristobal was located near latitude 21.4 North, longitude 89.7 West, about 535 miles south of the mouth of the Mississippi river.
A Storm Surge Warning is in effect for...
* Mouth of the Mississippi River to Ocean Springs Mississippi
* Lake Borgne
A Storm Surge Watch is in effect for...
* Indian Pass to Arepika Florida
* East of Morgan City Louisiana to the mouth of the Mississippi
A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for
* Punta Herrero to Rio Lagartos Mexico
* East of Morgan City, Louisiana to the Okaloosa/Walton County
* Lake Pontchartrain and Lake Maurepas
A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for...
* Intracoastal City Louisiana to Morgan City
Cristobal is moving toward the north near 13 mph, and this general motion is expected to continue for the next couple of days. On the forecast track, the center of Cristobal will move over the central Gulf of Mexico on Saturday, and be near the northern Gulf of Mexico coast on Sunday. Cristobal's center is then forecast to move inland across Louisiana late Sunday and Monday.
Maximum sustained winds are near 40 mph with higher gusts. Some strengthening is forecast during the next 48 hours. Weakening will begin once Cristobal moves inland late Sunday and Monday.
Tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 240 miles from the center.
The estimated minimum central pressure is 1000 mb (29.53 inches).
Graphic credit: National Hurricane Center