The Tampa Bay Buccaneers were back on the practice field on Friday, the final practice before they head to Atlanta to take on the Falcons on Sunday afternoon.
A day after the NFL announced they had suspended three players, including Buccaneers wide receiver Antonio Brown and safety Mike Edwards, the head coach addressed the situation with the media.
"Obviously we had two guys suspended - the league did their do diligence, and we move on," Arians said in his opening statement. "I will not address those guys for the next three weeks, they'll just be working out - and we'll address their future at that time. Other than that, there's really nothing to say."
When asked as a follow up if the future of Brown and Edwards had been decided, Arians said that nothing had been decided.
Later in the press conference, Arians mentioned the situation again, saying "I will say this - the last two years, I don't know if there's been a team better against COVID then we have been. This is a setback because of what happened but we have done an amazing job - and even when guys, we never had an outbreak in a position room, so I'm very happy with that part."
He was then asked if it makes things worse when he took such pride in their COVID protocols, Arians said "Yeah, it pisses me off - but, it is what it is."
To hear his full comments click below.
The Buccaneers be in action on Sunday afternoon when they meet the Falcons in Atlanta. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:00 PM - you can hear the game on 97.9 FM-WXTB - the Mighty 98 Rock.
PHOTO COURTESY GETTY IMAGES