(via NFL Communications) - The NFL announced Tom Brady is a nominee for this week’s FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week award for his outstanding performance against the Dallas Cowboys.
Brady completed 32 of 50 attempts (64 percent) for 379 yards and 4 touchdowns for a 97.0 rating in Week 1.
Additional Air Nominees
- Dallas quarterback Dak Prescott completed 42 of 58 attempts (72.4 percent) for 403 yards and 3 touchdowns for a 101.4 passer rating in Week 1.
- Kansas City quarterback Patrick Mahomes completed 27 of 36 passes (75 percent) for 337 yards and 3 touchdowns for a 131.4 passer rating in the Chiefs’ Week 1 win over Cleveland.
- Cincinnati running back Joe Mixon rushed for 127 yards on 29 attempts (4.4 avg.) and one touchdown in the Bengals’ Week 1 win over Minnesota.
- Chicago running back David Montgomery rushed for 108 yards on 16 attempts (6.75 avg.) and one touchdown in the Bears’ Week 1 loss to the Los Angeles Rams.
- Denver running back Melvin Gordon rushed for 101 yards on 11 attempts (9.2 avg.) and one touchdown in the Broncos’ Week 1 over the New York Giants.
FedEx gives fans the opportunity to recognize weekly top-performing quarterbacks and running backs in games played on Thursday through Sunday through the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week Awards. Voting is open until Wednesday at 3:00 p.m. ET at NFL.com/FedEx each week of the season. Fans can also vote on Twitter via the @NFL published polls and on the NFL Mobile App.
Through the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week Awards, FedEx will make a $2,000 donation in the names of the winning quarterback and running back ($4,000 total) to Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU).
Each donation will be made in the name of the winning quarterback and running back, which will go towards needs-based scholarships to deserving HBCU students.
Photo Courtesy Of Getty Images