Ross Colton, Brayden Point & Alex Killorn each scored and Andrei Vasilevskiy made 19 saves for his league-leading 22nd win of the year as the Tampa Bay Lightning defeated the visiting Dallas Stars 3-1 on Saturday night at Amalie Arena.
Colton took a stretch pass from Nikita Kucherov and came down all alone on Dallas netminder Anton Khudobin and snapped one past him at the 10:37 mark of the 3rd to give Tampa Bay a lead that they would not relinquish.
The Stars got on the board first when an Esa Lindell shot from the point somehow found it's way past Vasilevskiy at the 13:48 mark to put the visitors up 1-0.
It looked like the score was going to stay that way into the first intermission, but Point had other plans.
With just 13 seconds left in the period after a point shot from Victor Hedman caromed off the back boards, Kucherov found Point in front & he beat Khudobin to tie the score at one apiece.
Neither team scored in a rather uneventful 2nd period, but the Bolts did outshoot the Stars 9-2.
Killorn backhanded a shot into the empty net with 40.7 seconds left to seal the deal for Tampa Bay.
Khudobin made 26 saves in defeat for Dallas.
MAC IN, 'NAK OUT : Ryan McDonagh, who missed the last three games with a lower-body injury, returned to the lineup tonight. Erik Cernak, who got dinged up blocking a shot on Thursday night against Vancouver, was not in the lineup.
- Dallas - Lindell - (Pavelski) - 13:48
- Tampa Bay - PPG - Point - (Kucherov, Hedman) - 19:47
- Tampa Bay - Colton - (Kucherov, Foote) - 10:37
- Tampa Bay - ENG - Killorn - (Stamkos, Cirelli) - 19:19
- Dallas - Seguin - (Tripping) - 2:29
- Dallas - Suter - (Cross Checking) - 17:58
- Dallas - Hintz - (Roughing) - 14:17
- Tampa Bay - Cirelli - (Roughing) - 14:17
- Dallas - Faksa - (High Sticking) - 20:00
- Tampa Bay - Perry - (High Sticking) - 7:08
What's Next For The Bolts : The Lightning are back in action on Tuesday night as they travel to Los Angeles to take on the Kings. Puck drop is slated for 10:30pm with the pregame show starting at 10:00pm on NewsRadio WFLA & Lightning PowerPlay.