David Pastrnak & Brad Marchand each scored two goals and Linas Ullmark made 27 saves as the visiting Boston Bruins defeated the Tampa Bay Lightning 5-2 on Saturday night at Amalie Arena
It's never a dull moment when the Bruins are in town, and they came out firing against Lightning goalie Andrei Vasilevskiy.
Pastrnak fired a shot from just inside the blue line that caromed off the skate of Andrej Sustr and past the Tampa Bay netminder to give the visitors the 1-0 lead just 71 seconds into the game.
Just under five minutes later, the Bruins star winger made it 2-0.
Marchand fired a shot from the left boards that Vasy couldn't corral and Pasta jumped on the loose puck and fired it into the open net to double Boston's lead.
It was more of the same to start the 2nd as Boston went up 3-0 when Marchand deflected a pass from defenseman Mike Reilly past Vasilevskiy just 26 seconds into the period.
The Lightning had a chance to get back into the game with 47 seconds of 5-on-3 power play time after penalties to Marchand and Patrice Bergeron, but they were unable to convert.
Boston's Anton Blidh made it 4-0 when he scored at 14:54 of the 2nd, which drew a bunch of moans & groans from the Amalie Arena faithful.
To Tampa Bay's credit, they did fight back and make it a game in the 3rd period.
Ondrej Palat scored 24 seconds into the period & then Brayden Point scored at 11:20 to give the Lightning life, but Marchand's second goal of the night - an empty netter with 2:49 left - sealed the deal for the Bruins.
Ullmark stopped 27 shots for Boston. Vasilevskiy made 25 saves in defeat.
- Boston - Pastrnak - (Hall, Forbort) - 1:11
- Boston - Pastrnak (2) - (Haula, Hall) - 6:10
- Boston - Marchand - (Reilly, Bergeron) - 0:26
- Boston - Blidh - (Steen) - 14:54
- Tampa Bay - Palat - (Cernak, Sergachev) - 0:24
- Tampa Bay - Point - (Cernak, Sergachev) - 11:20
- Boston - ENG - Marchand (2) - (Unassisted) - 17:11
- Boston - Lazar - (Tripping) - 2:45
- Boston - Marchand - (Hooking) - 8:39
- Boston - Bergeron - (High Sticking) - 9:53
- Tampa Bay - Vasilevskiy - (Tripping) - 2:28
- Tampa Bay - Cirelli - (Tripping) - 12:57
- Boston - Coyle - (Hooking) - 14:54
What's Next For The Bolts : The Lightning are back in action on Monday night as they travel to New Jersey to take on the Devils. Puck drop is slated for 7:00pm with the pregame show starting at 6:30pm on Lightning PowerPlay & NewsRadio WFLA.