On to the next one.
Patrick Maroon, Steven Stamkos, Brayden Point & Alex Killorn each scored and Andrei Vasilevskiy made 29 saves for his second career playoff shutout as the Tampa Bay Lightning defeated the Florida Panthers 4-0 in Game 6 on Wednesday night to win their first-round playoff matchup 4-2.
The big news from the Tampa Bay to start this game was the return of winger Barclay Goodrow to the lineup after missing the first five games of this series with an upper-body injury.
The addition of Goodrow, aided with a raucous crowd at Amalie Arena, seemed to give the Lightning life to start the game and helped them jump out to a lead.
Tyler Johnson showed off some impressive speed to negate an icing and fed the puck out in front to Maroon, who chipped one past Florida netminder Spencer Knight to put the Lightning in front 1-0 at 6:16
Vasilevskiy made some incredible saves to maintain the one-goal lead, until Tampa Bay pushed the lead to two.
Following a roughing call on Sam Bennett, who put David Savard in a headlock, Stamkos ripped a one-timer from his office 34 seconds into the man-advantage and Tampa Bay took a 2-0 lead.
Point put the game out of reach at 14:36 of the third period following a fantastic display of stickhandling around Panthers defenseman MacKenzie Weegar & then Knight to make it 3-0 and Killorn added an empty-netter with 1:42 to seal the deal.
Knight, who made his playoff debut in a Game 5 win, made 20 saves in defeat.
- Tampa Bay - Maroon - (Johnson, Sergachev) - 6:16
- Tampa Bay - PPG - Stamkos - (Hedman, Kucherov) - 13:27
- Tampa Bay - Point - (Kucherov, Cernak) - 14:36
- Tampa Bay - ENG - Killorn - (Cernak, Stamkos) - 18:18
- Florida - Montour - (Hooking) - 18:55
- Tampa Bay - McDonagh - (High Sticking) - 1:53
- Florida - Bennett - (Roughing) - 12:53
- Tampa Bay - Sergachev - (Cross Checking) - 15:05
- Florida - Vatrano - (Slashing) - 19:35
PHOTO : Getty Images