Well, it looked like all the Tampa Bay Lightning needed was a little home cooking to snap their two-game losing streak.
Tyler Johnson, Cal Foote, Victor Hedman and Steven Stamkos each scored in the 2nd period, and Andrei Vasilevskiy made 23 saves as the Bolts defeated the visiting Nashville Predators 4-3 on Saturday night in their first game at Amalie Arena in over two weeks.
Nashville led 1-0 after twenty minutes, but the 2nd period was all Tampa Bay.
Johnson opened up the scoring on the power play at the 3:33 mark, and just over three minutes later, Foote blasted a one-timer from the Captain's Office for his first NHL goal.
Following a Predators timeout Hedman wristed one past Predators goalie Pekka Rinne to make it 3-1, and then the Captain -- not to be outdone by the rookie -- smoked a one-timer over the shoulder of Rinne to make it four.
The Lightning had to kill off a 5-on-3 midway through the first period after slashing calls to Steven Stamkos and Anthony Cirelli, but the Predators didn't really get any great looks and the Tampa Bay penalty kill did their job up to that point.
Nashville did cash in on a power play opportunity later in the 1st, when Ryan Ellis snapped home a shot past Vasilevskiy just eight seconds after Ryan McDonagh went off for a interference penalty to make it 1-0 for the visitors.
Victor Arvidsson scored with 1:14 left to make it 4-3, but Vasy and the Tampa Bay defense stood tall to seal the win for the home team.
Rinne made 29 saves on 33 shots in defeat.
YOUNG GUNS : Foote wasn't the only person to get his first NHL goal on Saturday night. Nashville's Mathieu Olivier did as well, when he beat Vasy at the 7:00 mark of the 3rd period.
THE CAPTAIN'S ADVANTAGE : With his power play goal in the 2nd period, Steven Stamkos recorded his 300th power play point, tying him with Martin St. Louis for 1st in franchise history.
- Nashville - PPG - Ellis - (Cousins, Forsberg) - 17:55
- Tampa Bay - PPG - Johnson - (Unassisted) - 3:33
- Tampa Bay - Foote - (Sergachev, Point) - 6:41
- Tampa Bay - Hedman - (Stamkos, Cirelli) - 8:05
- Tampa Bay - PPG - Stamkos - (Hedman, Point) - 17:27
- Nashville - Olivier - (Johansen, Josi) - 7:00
- Nashville - Arvidsson - (Granlund, Forsberg) - 18:46
- Nashville - Sissons - (Hooking) - 8:10
- Tampa Bay - Stamkos - (Slashing) - 11:01
- Tampa Bay - Cirelli - (Slashing) - 12:16
- Tampa Bay - McDonagh - (Interference) - 17:47
- Nashville - Fabbro - (Roughing) - 19:21
- Nashville - Borowiecki - (Hooking) - 1:41
- Tampa Bay - Sergachev - (Cross Checking) - 12:26
- Tampa Bay - Arvidsson - (Holding) - 17:14
- Tampa Bay - MAJOR - Maroon - (Fighting) - 17:33
- Nashville - MAJOR - Borowiecki - (Fighting) - 17:33
- Nashville - Borowiecki - (Instigator) - 17:33
- Nashville - Benning - (Roughing) - 19:20
- Tampa Bay - Goodrow - (High Sticking) - 5:11
- Tampa Bay - MAJOR - Gourde - (Fighting) - 10:19
- Nashville - MAJOR - Fabbro - (Fighting) - 10:19
- Nashville - Olivier - (Roughing) - 13:27
What's Next For The Bolts : The Lightning are back in action Monday night as they once again host the Nashville Predators. Puck drop is slated for 7pm with the pregame show starting at 6pm on NewsRadioWFLA.
PHOTO : Getty Images