TAMPA (WDAE) -- Steven Stamkos broke a 2-2 tie midway through the third period with his 24th goal of the year as the Tampa Bay Lightning earned their fourth straight win with a 4-2 victory over the Vegas Golden Knights.
The Lightning's offense started slowly, but started to buzz midway through the first period. They took the lead with just over nine minutes to play in the first, as Nikita Kucherov found Point in the high slot, and his slap shot beat Marc-Andre Fleury for his 19th goal of the season.
Vegas tied the game up with under five minutes to play in the period, as William Carrier's wrist shot beat Andrei Vasilevskiy up high. For Carrier, it was his sixth goal of the year.
Tyler Johnson broke the tie with just over two minutes to play in the first, as Ondrej Palat's wrist shot from the right point deflected first off Anthony Cirelli, then off Johnson and past Fleury, giving the center his 13th goal of the year.
After a scoreless second period, the Golden Knights tied the game up early in the third when Paul Stastny beat Vasilevskiy for his 16th goal of the year, but Stamkos deflected a shot by Point past Fleur midway through the period, extending his point streak to eight straight games.
Alex Killorn added an empty-net goal with under 45 seconds to play to salt the game away.
Tampa Bay welcomes the Pittsburgh Penguins to Amalie Arena Thursday. Faceoff is set for 7:00, and can be heard on NewsRadio WFLA.
- TBL: GOAL - Brayden Point (19). ASSISTS - Kucherov, Cernak. TIME - 10:57.
- VGK: GOAL - William Carrier (6). ASSISTS - McNabb, Eakin. TIME - 15:42
- TBL: GOAL - Tyler Johnson (13). ASSISTS - Cirelli, Palat. TIME - 17:57
- VGK: GOAL - Paul Stastny (16). ASSISTS - Marchessault, McNabb. TIME - 3:47.
- TBL: GOAL - Steven Stamkos (24). ASSISTS - Point, Kucherov. TIME - 10:36.
- TBL: GOAL - Alex Killorn (21). ASSIST - Palat. TIME - 19:16