TAMPA (WDAE) -- After falling behind 3-1, the Tampa Bay Lightning woukd rally to tie twice, but could not go ahead as the Minnesota Wild left Amalie Arena with a 5-4 win Thursday.
Erik Cernak gave Tampa Bay a 1-0 lead less than two minutes into the game, but Minnesota used a stretch of 1:43 midway through the period to score three times against Andrei Vasilevskiy, with Joel Eriksson Ek, jason Zucker and Carson Soucy each tallying a goal. Mikhail Sergachev got the Bolts back to withim a goal before the period ended, sending the teams to the locker rooms at first intermission down 3-2.
Anthony Cirelli appeared to have tied the game up late in the second period, but his goal was negated due to goaltender interference, though the Lightning were awarded a power play due to a hooking penalty. That allowed Victor Hedman, ten years to the day after scoring his first NHL goal, to notch his 100th of his career and sixth of the season to tie the game.
That tie would be short lived as on the very next shift, Victor Rask beat Vasilevskiy to break the tie, and the Minnesota would head to the second break up 4-3.
Alex Killorn again brought Tampa Bay even four minutes into the final period, but the Wild responded just eight seconds later with the game-winner, as Mats Zuccarello easily beat Vasilevkiy to set the score at 5-4.
- TBL: GOAL - Erik Cernak (2). ASSISTS - Point, Vasilevskiy. TIME - 1:52.
- MIN: GOAL - Joel Eriksson Ek (2). ASSISTS - Greenway, Suter. TIME - 9:33.
- MIN: GOAL - Jason Zucker (11). ASSISTS - Staal, Zuccarello. TIME - 10:46
- MIN: GOAL - Carson Soucy (3). ASSISTS - Zuccarello, Brodin. TIME - 11:14.
- TBL: GOAL - Mikhail Sergachev (4). ASSISTS - Shattenkirk, Paquette. TIME - 15:54
- TBL: GOAL (PP) - Victor Hedman (6). ASSIST - Kucherov. TIME - 18:47
- MIN: GOAL - Victor Rask (3). ASSIST - Soucy. TIME - 19:23.
- TBL: GOAL - Alex Killorn. ASSIST - Cernak. TIME - 4:00.
- MIN: GOAL - Mats Zuccarello (6). ASSISTS - Zucker, Brodin. TIME - 4:08.