The Tampa Bay Lightning (21-6-2) shut out the St. Louis Blues (21-8-2) 3-0 on Tuesday night in St. Louis.
There were not a ton of scoring opportunities in the first period of this game, which made it a huge goal when Brayden Point came through with a score with just forty-five seconds to go in the game. Though there was more scoring opportunities in the second period, neither team was able to come through and this game would head into the third with Tampa Bay leading 1-0.
The third period saw Nikita Kucherov come through with a huge insurance goal at the 13:37 mark to lift the Bolts to a 2-0 lead. Though St. Louis had some opportunities on Lightning goalie Andrei Vasilevskiy down the stretch, he stood tall until the Blues pulled their goalie late in the contest. Tyler Johnson then added an empty net goal that lifted the Lightning to a 3-0 win over St. Louis.
Jake Allen was good in net for the St. Louis Blues, converting 22 saves on 24 shots on net, but it wasn't good enough against Andrei Vasilevskiy, who was brilliant. He converted 32 saves on all 32 shots on net to secure his third shutout victory, and 20th victory overall, of the season.
The Lightning now head to Arizona where they battle the Coyotes on Thursday night. Faceoff is set for 9 PM ET and can be heard beginning with an 8:30 pregame on News Radio 970 WFLA.
1. TBL - Point - (Johnson, Killorn) - 19:15
1. TBL - Kucherov - (Sergachev) - 13:37
2. TBL - Empty Net - Johnson - (Point, Hedman) - 19:38
1. STL - Steen - (Tripping) - 6:39
2. TBL - Point - (High Sticking) - 14:06
3. STL - Sundqvist - (High Sticking) - 14:06
1. STL - Brodziak - (Hooking) - 15:34
1. STL - Berglund - (High Sticking) - 1:37
2. TBL - Paquette - (Slashing) - 4:35
SHOTS ON GOAL
Tampa Bay - 25
St. Louis - 32