Steven Stamkos, Anthony Cirelli, Boris Katchouk & Brayden Point each scored and Andrei Vasilevskiy made 24 saves as the Tampa Bay Lightning defeated the Vancouver Canucks 4-2 on Thursday night at Amalie Arena.
Seeing the Captain in his office never gets old.
Just 39 seconds after a hooking call to Vasily Podkolzin, Stamkos rifled a one-timer past Vancouver netminder Thatcher Demko at the 3:16 mark of the 1st to put the Lightning ahead 1-0.
Matthew Highmore put the Canucks on the board at 12:05 and it looked like they were headed to the first intermission knotted at one apiece, but Cirelli had other plans.
Alex Killorn backhanded a pass from behind the net to "Tough Tony" in front and he flipped one past Demko to give the Lightning a 2-1 lead with 20.7 seconds left in the period.
Neither team scored in a pretty uneventful 2nd period, but the Bolts did extend the lead at the 11:24 mark of the 3rd.
Katchouk and Ross Colton came down 2-on-0 on executed a give-and-go to perfection to put the Lightning up 3-1.
Tyler Motte went between-the-legs to beat Vasy at the 15:46 mark to bring Vancouver within one, but Point's empty-netter with 1:16 left sealed the deal for Tampa Bay.
Demko made 17 saves in defeat for the Canucks.
Hey Now, You're An All Star : Before tonight's game, it was announced that Vasilevskiy & Hedman were selected to represent the Lightning & the Atlantic Division in the 2022 All Star Game. This will be the 4th appearance for both players. Captain Steven Stamkos can be voted in as one of the Last Men In, which gives one more All-Star to each division. To vote for Stammer, head on over to NHL.com/LastMenIn NOW!!
Welcome Back Luke : Earlier today, former Lightning & current Canucks defenseman Luke Schenn received his Stanley Cup ring from last season. He also received an awesome video tribute during the 1st TV timeout. Both videos BELOW!!
- Tampa Bay - PPG - Stamkos - (Hedman, Kucherov) - 3:16
- Vancouver - Highmore - (Motte) - 12:05
- Tampa Bay - Cirelli - (Killorn, Cernak) - 19:39
- Tampa Bay - Katchouk - (Colton) - 11:24
- Vancouver - Motte - (Lammikko, Highmore) - 15:46
- Tampa Bay - ENG - Point - (Kucherov, Bellemare) - 18:44
- Vancouver - Podkolzin - (Hooking) - 2:37
- Vancouver - Garland - (Roughing) - 19:55
- Tampa Bay - DOUBLE MINOR - Point - (Roughing) - 19:55
- Vancouver - Myers - (High Sticking) - 13:14
- Tampa Bay - Point - (Holding) - 15:49
- Tampa Bay - Cernak - (Interference) - 19:57
- Vancouver - Horvat - (Holding) - 3:51
- Tampa Bay - TEAM - (Too Many Men) - 12:31
What's Next For The Bolts : The Lightning are back in action on Saturday night as they host the Dallas Stars right here at Amalie Arena. Puck drop is slated for 7:00pm with the pregame show starting at 6:00pm on NewsRadio WFLA & Lightning PowerPlay.
PHOTO : Getty Images