(via NFL Communications)
STATEMENT BY NFL COMMISSIONER ROGER GOODELL ON THE RATIFICATION OF THE NEW COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT
We are pleased that the players have voted to ratify the proposed new CBA, which will provide substantial benefits to all current and retired players, increase jobs, ensure continued progress on player safety, and give our fans more and better football. We appreciate the tireless efforts of the members of the Management Council Executive Committee and the NFLPA leadership, both of whom devoted nearly a year to detailed, good faith negotiations to reach this comprehensive, transformative agreement.
Bullet Points Of The New CBA Agreement:
- Increased revenue for players
- A higher minimum salary for rookies and veterans
- An expanded playoff field from 12 to 14 teams this season
- A 17-game schedule starting as early as the 2021 season
- Roster sizes will increase from 53 to 55 players
- Active rosters on game day will increase from 46 players to 48.
Photo Courtesy Of Getty Images