Another joint practice between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Miami Dolphins today. Let's take a look at my 10 Takeaways!!
- It was a pretty hectic day at Camp, with the festivities starting outside. Then they went inside. And then back outside. And then finally inside once again. A shoutout to our iHeart engineers Mike Cape and Lloyd O'Hanlon for working with our guys Ronnie and T Kras and keeping them on the air. We definitely got our steps in today!
- Jameis Winston with at least four interceptions today, but after talking to him and Coach Arians after practice, they don't seem all that concerned. It doesn't come across as them being disingenuous, it comes across as them realizing that the preseason and Training Camp is a process and there are going to be ups and down along the way, especially when installing a brand new offense.
- Always cool to see former teammates chopping it up during & after practice. The last two days Jameis has caught up with former Tampa Bay QB Ryan Fitzpatrick and some other Miami players from his home state of Alabama.
- Speaking of Fitz, he made a couple of nice throws today in the red zone, including one where he signaled his receiver (nice job noticing by our own Len Martez) to hit a double move on Bucs CB Ryan Smith, which worked to near perfection. The ball was a little overthrown and fell incomplete, but he saw a mismatch that he liked and went after it. Smith made a nice play later on to prevent a TD in the far end zone, but he's really struggled in coverage in this camp and as I've said before, his roster spot is not guaranteed.
- Another guy for the Bucs who had some issues on defense was rookie Sean Murphy-Bunting. Coach Arians has been vocal about his struggles and things didn't look much better today as he was torched by Dolphins WR Isaiah Ford down the middle of the field for a touchdown.
- Miami is probably going to struggle this season. They don't have a TON of top-end talent, but this kid Kalen Ballage could be a problem. The 2nd year running back out of Arizona State took two to the house -- one on a run, one on a catch -- and will certainly have some fantasy value if Kenyon Drake continues to miss time with that right foot injury.
- Another day of Training Camp and I like what I continue to see from RB Ronald Jones. He took one around the left edge, kicked it into high gear, and left a handful of Dolphins in the dust. Then later on, he caught a tough ball coming out of the backfield on the right sideline and turned it up field for a nice gain. The kid is definitely getting better.
- A lot of people have made remarks about Deone Bucannon's size, but that dude plays with an attitude that Bucs fans are going to love. I don't care how big he is, he's not afraid to make plays in open space and he knows this Todd Bowles defense. Keep an eye on DB moving forward.
- As Len Martez and I discussed during practice today. This is the year for Bobo Wilson to kick down the door and make his presence felt. He's getting opportunities in the return game. He's getting opportunities as that 4th or 5th wide receiver. He needs to set himself apart from guys like Justin Watson and Spencer Schnell. He made some nice grabs today, now he just needs it to translate to the game. If he can step up, that's just ANOTHER weapon for Winston to have in this potentially potent offense.
- And last, but certainly not least, this guy was at Training Camp today. Always cool to see one of the GOATs in person. It never gets old!
For more on camp today, make sure to head on over to 953WDAE.com and CLICK on the Best Bucs Coverage tab. And as always, follow our guy Len Martez : @LMart810 , as he has been crushing the Bucs coverage of Training Camp for the last couple of weeks.