That was something.
Cedric Paquette scored with 5:41 left in the third period to give the Lightning a 5-4 victory in a wild and wacky contest against the visiting Buffalo Sabres on Thursday night at Amalie Arena.
Paquette took a drop pass from Mikhail Sergachev and snapped one over the glove of Buffalo goalie Carter Hutton to give the Bolts the victory.
This game was absolutely bonkers from the jump.
Just one second shy of the three-minute mark, Dan Girardi took a beautiful feed from Alex Killorn and followed his own rebound to beat Hutton to give Tampa Bay a 1-0 lead.
Buffalo answered back nearly five minutes later when Zemgus Girgensons and Sam Reinhart scored 1:03 apart to give the Sabres the lead.
The action was hot and heavy for the rest of the period with both teams laying some big hits and getting some good scoring chances.
Alex Killorn and Nikita Kucherov were able to score for the Bolts in the midst of the chaos to put Tampa Bay up one heading into the intermission.
After all that crazy action, there was only one goal in the second period, a puck that went off the skate of Reinhart and past Lightning goalie Louis Domingue for his second tally of the evening.
MAC DOWN : Lightning defenseman Ryan McDonagh took a pretty rough hit from Buffalo center Jack Eichel just past the midway point of the first period and was down for a short period of time before getting up. McDonagh went straight to the locker room and did not return. Eichel received a two-minute penalty for boarding.
WHAT A G : Just a couple minutes after his goal, Dan Girardi collided knee-on-knee with Buffalo RW Tage Thompson and had to be helped off the ice. Luckily for the Lightning, Girardi returned right before the McDonagh injury so the Bolts were down one defenseman and not two.
1. Tampa Bay - Girardi - (Killorn, Hedman) - 2:59
2. Buffalo - Girgensons - (Ristolainen, Elie) - 8:42
3. Buffalo - Reinhart - (Eichel, Bogosian) - 9:45
4. Tampa Bay - Killorn - (Miller) - 10:28
5. Tampa Bay - Kucherov - (Point, Cernak) - 15:55
1. Buffalo - Reinhart - (Eichel, Nelson) - 5:39
1. Buffalo - Thompson - (Mittelstadt) - 2:29
2. Tampa Bay - Stamkos - PPG - (Hedman, Kucherov) - 4:12
3. Tampa Bay - Paquette - (Sergachev, Palat) - 14:19
1. Tampa Bay - Joseph - (Hooking) - 11:44
2. Buffalo - Eichel - (Boarding) - 11:50
3. Buffalo - Bogosian - (Cross Checking) - 20:00
4. Buffalo - Beaulieu - (10-Minute Misconduct) - 20:00
1. Buffalo - Larsson - DOUBLE MINOR - (High Sticking) - 11:45
1. Buffalo - Larsson - (Tripping) - 4:05
2. Tampa Bay - Killorn - (Interference) - 5:37
What's Next For The Bolts : The Lightning are back in action Saturday night as they travel down to Sunrise to take on the Florida Panthers. Puck drop is slated for 7pm with the pregame show starting at 630pm on NewsRadio 970WFLA.