Tyler was definitely Johnny-On-The-Spot for the Bolts on Friday night.
Tyler Johnson scored a pair of goals in the first period and Louis Domingue made 30 saves as the Lightning defeated the Blackhawks 4-2 for their second straight home win.
In their last game against the Panthers, the Lightning scored at the beginning of each period to really set the tone for the game.
They started out this contest the same exact way.
Tyler Johnson took a feed from Nikita Kucherov in the high slot and snapped it over the glove of Chicago goalie Corey Crawford to give the Lightning the lead just 29 seconds into the game.
That was the first goal of the period, but it certainly wasn't the last.
Johnson tallied his second goal of the game at 7:15, then Brayden Point followed with his 15th of the year nearly three minutes later. Ryan Callahan made a nice move and beat Crawford high to the blocker side at the 14:52 mark to make it a four goal period for Tampa Bay.
Kucherov had three assists on the night. Tampa Bay rookie defenseman Erik Cernak had two.
Artem Anisimov scored in the first and Jonathan Toews scored in the second for Chicago.
Crawford stopped 25 of the 29 shots he saw.
1. Tampa Bay - Johnson - (Kucherov, Cernak) - 0:29
2. Tampa Bay - Johnson (2) - (Point, Kucherov) - 7:15
3. Tampa Bay - Point - (Kucherov, Cernak) - 10:05
4. Chicago - Anisimov - (DeBrincat, Schmaltz) - 11:10
5. Tampa Bay - Callahan - (McDonagh) - 14:52
1. Chicago - Toews - (Keith) - 18:49
1. Chicago - Keith - (Slashing) - 18:37
1. Chicago - TEAM - (Too Many Men) - 3:39
2. Chicago - Rutta - (Slashing) - 6:40
1. Tampa Bay - TEAM - (Too Many Men) - 8:16
2. Tampa Bay - Stamkos - (Tripping) - 10:07
What's Next For The Bolts : The Lightning are back in action Sunday night as they welcome the New Jersey Devils in to Amalie Arena. Puck drop is slated for 7pm with the pregame show starting at 6pm on NewsRadio 970WFLA.