ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (Tampa Bay Rays Communications) -- The Tampa Bay Rays have announced the 2017 season opener on Sunday, April 2 at Tropicana Field against the New York Yankees is sold out, marking the 12th consecutive season the Rays have sold out the home opener. It is the longest home opener sellout streak among Tampa Bay’s major sports franchises. The 2017 Rays Baseball season is presented by Tampa General Hospital.
The season opener, slated for 1:10 p.m., will be televised locally by FOX Sports Sun and nationally on ESPN. All Rays games are available on 620 WDAE/95.3 FM and over 140 games are available in Spanish on Genesis 680 AM and Radio Luz 760 AM.
Tickets are available for the remaining two games in the season-opening series against the Yankees on Tuesday and Wednesday at 7:10 p.m. and for the first weekend series of the season, April 6-9, versus the Toronto Blue Jays.
Prior to the Rays-Blue Jays game on Saturday, April 8 at 6:10 p.m., the first 15,000 fans will receive a Kevin Kiermaier Gold Glove Bobblehead, presented by DEX Imaging. The following day, upon entry for the homestand finale on Sunday, April 9 at 1:10 p.m., kids 14 and under will receive a Baseball Bat Pack, presented by Sagicor Life Insurance Company, while supplies last.
Tickets to these dates and all Rays home games can be purchased online at raysbaseball.com, the Spanish website raysbeisbol.com, at the Rays Tampa Store at 400 N. Tampa St., the Tropicana Field Box Office or by calling 888-FAN-RAYS.
The Rays are also offering weekday specials throughout the season including:
· Monday—Salute to Service Monday presented by Suncoast Credit Union: Military, Teachers and First Responders have the opportunity to receive two (2) complimentary tickets to all six (6) Monday home games, ten (10) additional bonus dates and special ticket offers throughout the season. Military, Teachers and First Responders are encouraged to visit raysbaseball.com/specials to sign up. Affiliation will be verified by ID.me, a third-party MLB approved verification service. Tickets will be made available one week prior to each scheduled game date.
· Tuesday—$2 Kids Tuesdays presented by Morgan Auto Group: For all Tuesday home games, tickets for kids 14 and under are $2 with the purchase of a full-price adult ticket. $2 Hot Dogs, presented by Kayem Franks, will also be available for all fans for all Tuesday home dates.
· Wednesday—MLB.com Ballpark App Wednesdays: For all Wednesday home games, fans may purchase half-priced Lower Corner and Upper Level tickets exclusively through the MLB.com Ballpark App. Wednesdays will also feature special promotions that are available exclusively through the app. To access special ticket offers and promotions throughout the season, fans are encouraged to download the MLB.com Ballpark App from the App Store or Google Play.
· Thursday—Senior Special Thursdays presented by Duke Energy: For all Thursday home games, Press Level tickets for fans 60 years of age and older are only $15.
· Friday—$7.11 Fridays presented by 7-Eleven: For all Friday home games, fans may purchase Upper Level tickets for only $7.11. To take advantage of this special price, fans should visit a participating local 7-Eleven store and pick up the Rays Friday night discount coupon. The coupon code will be redeemable online or at the Tropicana Field Box Office. Each coupon will be good for up to four (4) tickets.